According to The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names, Drew Harbour was named for Charles Randolph Drew, who died in 1873. Drew "was on the BC coast, based at Esquimalt, from 1866 to 1871. He was assistant secretary to Rear Admiral George Hastings, commander-in-chief of the Pacific Station, and then paymaster aboard HMS Pylades, under Captain Cecil Buckley. In 1872 he was in Jamaica as secretary to Captain Algernon de Horsey aboard HMS Aboukir. Drew Creek, which flows into Drew Harbour, is also named for him…" Raincoast Place Names notes, "the original Kwakwaka'wakw First Nation name for Drew Harbour was Tsatsahesin, or "place with plenty of gravel."
More to come...